Wednesday

I'm finally out of the Extended Stay Hotel, and am working from home this week, as well as trying to get a new job lined up. Oddly enough, it feels like I'm completely preoccupied now, even though I know, mathmatically speaking, that I have more free time. I think it's because with the melding of my work space and private space, there's no clear line between "work time" and "free time".

Like, I do some work at 9am, and some work at 9pm, and have bouts of goofing off in the middle. I get my stuff done in spurts, rather than being "at work" for 8 solid hours. I think this is something I'm going to have to sort out if I want to get any creative stuff done.

Right now, my creative endeavors are pretty much downloading different types of game systems. I got a hold of Radiant and Game Maker, which are on opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of what types of games they make, but I figure I need to diversify if I want to make myself totally marketable. I haven't run into an SDK I can't figure out how to use yet.

2 Comments:

At 7:54 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I know exactly how you feel, the working at home bit is equally liberating and stifling. Your day sounds very similar to mine as well, granted with far less game system downloading...

I would love to see what your talents would lend to a little iPhone development... i hear they have an SDK now too! (http://cultofmac.com/the-real-opportunity-of-iphone-games/1810)

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Ken said...

Admittedly, the iPhone does have an intriguing interface that could lend itself well to the right type of game. The trick is that the barrier to entry is so expensive (owning an iPhone). Currently I'm trying to suss out how viable hobbyist DS development would be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home