Sunday

Yay, I got the day off yesterday. Too bad I was totally sick! Ugh. Well, it's not like there's a whole lot to do anyhow. I mostly sat around my hotel room and played Kingdom Hearts. I spent some time enabling Winnie the Pooh's honey habit, which made me feel really weird. Maybe it's just me, but I think I sympathize with Rabbit's character the most out of all the Hundred Acre Woods crew. Pooh is totally irritating. He only shows up when he wants some honey, and then he eats it all without even offering to kick down some cash for it. What a bastard.

I'm also reading Neal Stephenson's Cryptonomicon currently, which is great, because it's a novel, and it's also got little cryptography puzzles in it. The one thing I can't hagn with is Stephenson's insisting upon referring to Japanese as "Nipponese". I mean, I know that in Japanese, the name of the country is "Nippon", but nobody calls it that. No one. So when reading it, I feel like Stephenson is some sort of Japanophile language nerd who is constantly correcting my mispronunciation of Japan. Like if one says "Paris" and someone else goes, "Oh, you mean Pah-ree." What a bastard.

Right now the hotel in which I am staying is being repainted. This means that at 9:30 in the morning on weekend there are people running air compressors and walking about on my roof. Bastards.

I'm a bitter bastard today. At least I have nothing to do at work while I wait for a new verison to be burned, and there's an awful lot of Futurama media files to be watched.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home